So I now have been told twice that I FORCE my children to go to sleep! My one question how is this so...
When Kamryn was little she would lay down 3 times a day, morning, afternoon, and evening. Sometimes she would cry for a min. Sometimes she would play, and other times she would go right to sleep. I WOULD NEVER let her lay there and just cry...
Fast forward to now, my life is so much easier and Kamryn is much happier because anywhere from 11:30-2:30 she gets in a good 2 hour nap, and then goes to bed around 7-8, and sleeps until about 6:30. I dont know anyone who would not want this for them and their child.
I believe she sleeps like this because I put her on a sleep schedule, and as she got older she was taking less naps, and now we are on a pretty good routine. 1 nap a day.
Now on to Kenley. I have found with her if I wait for the point when she is whinnig(sp) for me to feed her she has a hard time eating and fights going to sleep. So instead of waiting 1hour 30 min, I will feed her at 1hour 15min. She happily eats. I wait like 5 min, put her in the swing and she is out! If I wait it will turn into a 2 hour ordeal of just getting her to calm down to get to sleep. I do the same thing with her. Morning, afternoon, and evening.
Why is trying to get your child on a healthy sleep schedule so they are happy, forcing them to go sleep?
****A little side note there are times when sleep is just not going to happen therefore I go and get her out of bed and we go on with our day. But WARNING there is bound to be a breakdown sometime before bed!








2 comments:
Hey, Your girls are sooo cute! Your new baby is precious! I read your post you wrote at 5am about your fam. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Derrick and I had to live with family while we were building our house, so I kind of know how you feel. Hope your doing well!!
I totally agree with putting your kids on a schedule. It was the best thing I ever did.
Post a Comment