Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Its POTTY time!


Okay so I think I am finally ready to dedicate myself to potty training Kamryn. I have tried here and there but I give up and put on the diaper. I am looking for any great advice that you have used or have heard! I could go buy a book, but I thought I would try this first. I dont think anything is better than first hand advice. Thanks!

3 comments:

Les said...

I have heard that if you take a solid week, of no diapers AT ALL, it only takes one week. (Yes even night time) Put her in just underwear to run around and play in. That way, the first few accidents she will "feel" and be uncomfortable (wet) She "should" not like this feeling and want them off. Take her to the potty as soon as she has the accident so she associates the two. My neighbor who swears by this technique also helps the situation along by feeding crackers (which make one thirsty) and lots of lemonade. Then bathroom trips every 15 minutes. Kids by nature want to please their parents so you making a big deal (verbally/praise) is quite sucessful. (Depending on how you feel about rewards, otherwise stickers or a fruit snack are what she recommends)

DISCLAIMER: Addie is not potty trained, I have not attempted this, and have no idea if it actually works, but I thought that it sounded good, and will take an entire week off of work when we get to that point. Addies daycare doesn't help in the potty training department until they are two, at which time she would go to a different room that is equipped with a little potty.

Jon and Ashley said...

I'm doing the same thing, so if you find anything that works let me know.

Jay and Krista said...

As you know, I am no expert... but I have also heard of the week long thing. I have friends that have tried it and it worked for them. They told me you have to be dedicated to it and do not plan on doing anything that whole week.

Baby

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Kamryn Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Kenley Birthday

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers